Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coming Back

Hello everyone. I'm going to try blogging again. I've really been missing the outlet lately and have decided that regardless of the negatives it was bringing before, the advantages to me far outweigh those negatives. I need to have this outlet back in my life. I'm not promising a daily post.... but I'll do my best :)

So life has been complicated since my last posting. My weight loss has come to a stop and I've now gained.... thanks to the new combination of medication that I'm on and the stress that I'm still under. So what to do from here? Well.... I go back to basics.... measuring and weighing everything that I eat and keeping track of it all. I'm also starting to get back on track with my exercising.

I've had some stuff going on in my personal life as well. My son was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. Basically his brain doesn't properly process anything that is input through his senses. Since birth we've had problems with his eating. He has a texture aversion and ends up throwing up so often that he is now very unwilling to try anything new when it comes to food and drink. We're working with a wonderful occupational therapist to help Miles with his disorder and things have been going well so far.
I've also been worried about how things would go with my daughter (Becca) with Miles getting so much attention. But she's been wonderful. I've been trying to make sure that she gets lots of one on one attention.... as much as I'm able to anyways. But it's hard when Miles needs so much so my time.

The Santa Claus parade was this past Sunday evening and normally I take the kids and spend the whole time keeping my eye mostly on Miles. This year was so great! My stepdaughter (they're half sister) and her mom took Becca with them to the parade and she had a fabulous time.... much more fun than she would have had if she had been with me and Miles. And I was so glad that she had been singled out to get the two on one attention. Afterwards we all had dinner together at my parents' house. If anyone had told me a few months ago, that I would be sitting at a dinner table with my husband's ex and enjoying myself, I would have said you were crazy.... but we all laughed and talked and it was a good time.


My daughter after the parade. I had just "decorated" her face for her....LOL

I'm working outside of the house now and loving it! It's only part time because of childcare issues, but I'm out of the house.... with adults.... 5 days a week (2 full shifts and 3 part shifts) and it's amazing! I miss doing home daycare and spending my time with my kids, but considering everything, I'm happier.

Overall, some parts of my life are still out of control but other parts are so much better. It's time for me to take more control of the parts that I don't like and change them!

I hope everyone is doing well and you're ready to start reading now that I'm back out of hiding? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment