Friday, April 16, 2010

Raw Foods Diet and a Recipe

So I've been trying to kick start a food revolution within my own house.... trying to get the kids and the hubby to start eating healthier. I starting checking out raw food recipe websites and found some really good recipes.
The first one I tried, which very not surprisingly only went over well with me, was simply tittled "Zucchini Surprise"
The ingredients are simple....
3 zucchini, shredded
2 red apples, cored and chopped
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
cumin to taste
Braggs Liquid Soy Seasoning to taste
The instructions are even more simple....
Mix together and serve.
I was apprehensive to try this one because the thought of combining apples and soy sauce didn't sound too appealing but it was awesome!
The nutritional information per 1 cup serving....
calories - 134.5
fat - 7
carbs - 19.6
net carbs - 12.9
fibre - 6.7
sugar - 2.4
protein - 1.8
Not a lot of protein at all but as an occasional meal or a 1/2 cup serving with a meat it's a nice low calorie, low sugar option.

No comments:

Post a Comment