Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My 1 Year Surgiversary


I thought I'd start with a post that isn't informational. Today is my one year surgiversary! Even taking into consideration the fact that I've only lost 63lbs since surgery (83 since my 3 day liquid diet right before surgery), I would do it again in a second!!

My wow list for the year:
  1. I'm med free for the first time since my early 20s
  2. My diabetes is gone
  3. My hypertension is gone
  4. I like pictures of myself now. I've gone from trying to totally avoid cameras, to jumping into pictures...lol
  5. I can cross my legs and sit comfortably like that
  6. I can walk stairs and not be winded
  7. I can walk clear across town now, even with pushing a stroller carrying both of my children (2 1/2 and 4 1/2), tour the mall, and then walk home again...... and my feet don't even hurt
  8. I can shop for clothes in regular stores.
  9. I can run faster then my children. I always worried about my son taking off on my while we're at the mall or out for a walk, but now I can catch up to him and that worry is gone :)
  10. I'm comfortable eating in public
  11. When I go to a movie, there's room on either side of me in my seat
  12. I carried the Olympic Torch when it came to my hometown
  13. I was interviewed on radio and for the newspaper
  14. I started a support group
  15. I'm no longer hesitant about meeting and talking to new people
  16. I flirt and get flirted with
  17. I'm a lot more confident
  18. I exercise on a regular basis
  19. I like to exercise
  20. I've been ziplining
  21. I fit into the rides at Canada's Wonderland with room to spare
  22. I went on the Extreme Sky Flyer (three times this past summer....LOL)
  23. I can jog...... I'm still building up stamina, but I'm doing it!
  24. I'm living life instead of just getting through it
  25. Most importantly, I have the most wonderful group of people that I'm proud to call friends! I love you guys!!

I'm sure I'm missing things so I'll probably be adding to this list...lol

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success! Continue what you're doing. It seems you're physically active and that's a good thing to improve your health.

    ReplyDelete